If you think manicures are for wimps, than Al
Capone was a major wuss. That's because the mob boss' hands were
anything but "untouchable." Just as Capone understood the
importance of well-maintained hands… so should you. After all,
your hand is the first thing you offer a prospective client, boss
It is perfectly masculine to get a
professional manicure every month or so. Ask your technician to
snip, file and buff, but make sure to decline any polish or gloss.
To keep your hands looking good after your MAN-icure, apply a hand
moisturizer daily and remove dirt and grime with the help of some
at-home grooming tools.
If getting a manicure in public is just too
much for you to handle, bolt the door and do it yourself at home.
1. Soak your hands in warm water to soften
2. Clean beneath the nails with a clean metal
3. Trim the nails with a clipper to leave a
thin white strip at the end. Start in the middle then round off
4. Smooth the edges of your nails using a
nail file or emery board. Just go one way…
not back and forth
5. Gently push back your cuticles (if you
don't know what these are, ask a woman) using a cuticle stick.
Don't cut them
6. Massage in some hand cream
THE TOOTH ABOUT WHITE CHOMPERS
Are your "Pearly Whites" a bit yellow? If
yes, here are a few options to get them whiter:
1. Brush and rinse with whitening toothpaste
2. Use an electric toothbrush. They are more
effective at removing stains.
3. Chat with your dentist regarding
professional bleaching techniques.